Practices which promote sustainability and the health of our local environment are important to the Crew at Kinetech Motor Werkes. By making the choice to keep your German engineered automobile properly maintained you will help you do your part to lower greenhouse gas emissions and improve overall fuel economy. BMW and MINI Cooper all offer industry leading technology that is environmentally friendly and benefit from increased fuel economy. If those things are important to you, please call us before you purchase your next vehicle so we can help you make the most environmentally and economically sound purchase. In our shop, we make choices wherever we can to promote sustainability and reduce waste. Below you will discover how Kinetech Motor Werkes takes action.
- Installation of skylights and energy efficient lighting to reduce energy consumption.
- Recovering left over energy in used engine oil by recycling it for use in heaters.
- Most of our New parts are packaged in cardboard, so when we can, we will return the used packaging to local paper mills so that they may reused in the production of new paper products.
- When we replace any parts on your vehicle made of steel or aluminum, we collect the worn out parts and recycle them properly.
- We absolutely collect all vehicle fluids. We are able to recycle engine oil, manual transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, automatic transmission fluid, for use as heating fuel or to be refined back into usable products.
- We recycle coolant to be refined back into new coolant.
- Air conditioning refrigerant is recovered and saved for future use.
- If we have to drain gasoline, we save it and re-used in responsibly! Any other fluids that we are not able to separate or use are collected by a proper hazardous waste removal company. We do our absolute best and take seriously the responsibility of the fluids we work with. We understand the challenges facing our planet at this time and want to help how ever we can. We encourage you to do the same and welcome any ideas or input on how we can improve in this area.